Thursday, May 27, 2010

Behind closed doors






OK, so this is a slightly strange blog post and it's much more about photos than words today. For some reason, I've been thinking about the mystery and intrigue of what's behind doors. As a traveller you get to see public spaces, whether they be streets, museums, galleries, gardens, markets or sites of historical significance. Occasionally when travelling you get invited behind closed doors to see someone's home. 
Whenever I'm travelling, or even exploring Melbourne's laneways or Ballarat's historic city streets, I'm fascinated as much by what I can't see as what I can. This isn't voyeuristic, I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything! Maybe it's an Alice in Wonderland curiosity. Sometimes, as in most of these photos, the door is so beautifully carved or painted that it just adds to the wonder. 
Well, we can't see everything and go everywhere so these images today are just some of the many doors I've admired but haven't been through. 
The photos were taken in Morocco, England, Sweden and Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment