Thursday, April 1, 2010

Les Baux De Provence




A friend of my mum has just emailed me her itinerary for her forthcoming Europe trip. One of the places she's visiting is a tiny little French town in Provence called Les Baux De Provence. My husband and I went there just after Christmas 2005. It was the most beautiful place in a rugged, craggy and romantic way. We were there at 7.30 in the morning and it was absolutely icy cold. There's photos of me wearing a big padded coat with a faux fur-lined hood and leather gloves and still looking freezing. Les Baux had the most charming shops that looked as if they were carved out of the rock. They sold beautiful hand-made soaps, olive oils and there was the most gorgeous quilt shop there. Unfortunately my husband and I had been robbed on Christmas day in Nice so we had very little money to spend on luxuries like quilts but next time! For those who are wondering - we were stopped at a red traffic light in our hire car and two guys ran up to the car, opened the door and grabbed my handbag and camera. Of course we'd only just flown in so the bag had passports, money, train tickets - basically everything - in it! Anyway, let that not put you off - it's just one of those things that happens from time to time.
For further inspiration on Les Baux see: http://www.lesbauxdeprovence.com/
And of course have a happy and safe Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment