Friday, June 4, 2010

Swap cards




There is a gorgeous shop in Daylesford called Lark. It sells all manner of goods that could (and do) do damage to my credit card. We're talking about beautiful baby ware, prints, vintage-inspired niceties, and lately the icing on the cake: Cath Kidston designs. Anyway, that all aside, the Lark blog (http://www.the-lark.blogspot.com/) recently wrote about swap cards. It reminded me of my own swap cards, a very special and treasured collection largely passed down from my Grandma and Mum, both of whom collected swap cards as girls. As a child, I too collected them and now I have 3 beautiful albums and a box full of vintage and retro cards from the 1940s, 1960s, and 1980s. The swap cards speak for themselves so I'm going to do a few blog posts just showing them. My Grandma and Mum grouped their albums in categories such as animals or sailing ships or travel images. I'm doing the same here and featuring some of my favourite cards. I'll likely frame some of these children's pictures for my daughter's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment